Thursday, May 19, 2011

thrifty thursday

Want to know a secret?

It's really 12:43 a.m., but I'm pretending to post this earlier (i.e. 11:56 p.m.) so it counts as "Thursday" since I missed posting last week. I just got back from babysitting and didn't think I would be gone so long, so I had to cheat.

I found this great blue skirt at the DI recently (sorry for the poor picture quality). I love it because a) it is super cute & was only $2, and b) it's the perfect length - no need for hemming. score!




I also made this easy skirt. Elastic waistband skirts are my new look for the summer. Not only are they a breeze to make and wear (so breathable), but they are cheap, cover everything they need to (woo hoo - cute shorts that are long enough can be so hard to find!), and I'm obsessed with making them. Nothing to do and no one to hang out with? No sweat! I have a date with my sewing machine and make a new skirt.


Now I'm off to the land of nod. I took care of Margaret last night and didn't rest well at all. The combination of weird noises from the rain and Margaret talking in her sleep had me waking up in a sweat thinking that people were breaking & entering all night! It's stressful to be "the protector" of the house. Good thing I have my self-defense skills I learned from a class at BYU - who needs a man when you have me!

No comments:

Post a Comment