Friday, July 20, 2012

 Has it been a long time or what since I last wrote on this little blog? I feel like there are thick layers of dust to brush off, but after a lot of serious thought, I have decided to rejoin the blogging world. Yesterday I started reading pay it forward stories online and had the sad & sudden realization that I hardly remember any of those stories from own life over the past year. Of course there have been lots of kind people who have come into my life and wonderful experiences - but I must have a horrible memory!! It was then and there that I decided my retro romance needed a little revival!

I'll briefly catch you up on what has been happening in my world since last JULY!


In the past year, I...

1) Fell in love & then back out.

For those of you who know the crazy story, what a road it's been. Even though there were moments where I felt like I was trapped in my own personal h-e-double hockey sticks, I am 100% glad for the experience. I can do hard things! And I am doing SO well now!

Plus, two really awesome things came out of all the hoopla.

a) My favorite purse of all time. If this doesn't scream Julia, I don't know what does. The colors, the fish scales - I get compliments on this a lot. Sometimes people make fun of me for the size, but when it comes to this bag, I honestly believe that less is not more. I carry around a ton of things!

b) I jumped on the Downton Abbey bandwagon. I love this show and am looking forward to season 3! I watched all of season two in choppy/illegal? segments online because I couldn't stand waiting for the episodes to air on PBS.




2) I got spectacles!

I had to face the sad fact that my eyes can't keep up with my age! My vision is 20/30, so not all that bad, but it was definitely enough to bother me. Kind of sad when you can't read the white board and things are blurry far away. I was in shock when I discovered what a difference a set of lenses make. The whole first week of wearing glasses, I had to keep bobbing my head up and down, playing the "now I can see, now I can't" game. I don't have to wear these all that often, but when I do, I love them. Go Ray Ban!

         


3) I finally finished the sexy hexy quilt. It was worth the wait!



And I started a new one. This print came out about three years ago and was so hard to find. I found the light blue & navy online and bought out all the shop had left. The red came from my stash, and the yellow from my sister's. I felt like I hit the jackpot when my sister gave me all her leftover yellow. It was impossible to find this print anywhere!






3) Ate in the hospital cafeteria pretty much every shift.

Why oh why does greasy food have to taste so good? And be so cheap? I can't help myself!







4) Got a new niece!

She is the sweetest little lady!



5) Stayed busy at work.

We have had lots of changes and just made the transition from paper to computer charting (what century are we in again?). Despite lots of crazy shifts, I am pretty positive that I have the best co-workers in the world and have found a lot of happiness taking care of all the little ones at work.



I also had a capstone student (someone who is in their last semester of nursing school and has to work with the same preceptor for a certain number of hours to finish up their clinical experience). My student was great and we had lot of fun and lots of laughs.


 She brought me an Anthropologie gift card on the last day (did she get to know me well or what!) and I had to laugh at the cute list she wrote inside, namely the seventh item from the top - a little on the OCD side. It's totally true, ha ha.



Well that's a wrap! Hopefully next time it won't take me so long to figure out how to use Blogger again or the next post might not be for another year!

1 comment:

  1. keep up the blogging julia!! i'm at work tonight...i think i need a corn dog. i love the greasy food way too much. we really do have the best unit in the world.

    ReplyDelete