Tuesday, July 31, 2012

one year

It's kind of hard to believe that it has been a whole year since my grandma, Shirley, passed away. In some ways it seems like it has gone by so fast, and in other ways I feel like it was just yesterday that I was sitting on her couch eating dinner and watching Wheel of Fortune. Oh, how I wish she was here!


Today we celebrated gram. My mom and I started out at the Bountiful temple. Usually we go to the Salt Lake temple, but since it is closed for renovation, my mom picked Bountiful. I'm pretty sure that was no accident because when we got to the celestial room, the stained glass and couches were all YELLOW! (gram's favorite color). It was so nice and peaceful to be there.

Then we went and got lunch at Zupas (another one of gram's favorite places we frequented). My mom and I are finishing the day off by going to the dreaded Jo-Ann's (gram's least favorite fabric place but one we always seemed to stop by weekly for notions & supplies).



It was a hard day for all of us, but especially my mom. Jenny gave her the beautiful sunflowers above (gram's favorite flower) and I gave my mom gram's favorite treat in a yellow bucket and some cheerful dish cloths with big oranges and lemons on them.


I have been so nervous for the past few days to happen because it brings back a flood of memories from last year - the final few days of gram's life. It has been a bit sad & surreal, but I am so grateful for all the fun memories I have with my grandma. Even though she is not here, she definitely still lives on!

1 comment:

  1. thank you for such a nice day with me! you really helped me get through this difficult day! i love you so much. my heart feels better because of you! love, mom

    ReplyDelete