Monday, August 6, 2012

25!

I am officially into the second week of my 25th year, which I gladly welcome. I'm pretty sure my 24th year was the hardest yet, so I am definitely happy to be moving right along. My sister gave me the cutest stamp set for my birthday. To say I love it is an understatement. 

With any big event, I am always thinking of things I could improve, change, or do better. Of course there are things I wish would happen for me right now, but I am learning that I just have to be patient. And sometimes it is really hard. But I have decided that I can think of at least three ideas I can control, and all of them would make me very happy.


1) I went on a tour of the conference center last Monday for FHE and learned some new facts. One of which is that they are always looking for RNs to volunteer at different events held at the conference center. I was thrilled to hear this and couldn't believe I didn't think of the idea before. I made a phone call to the church headquarters and spoke to a really nice guy in HR who put me in contact with a lady who is in charge of the clinic. I sent all my paperwork and references in right away and I'm hoping to get started soon. I think it would be fun and another avenue to circulate and put myself out there. (the pic is taken on top of the conference center - such pretty views up there!)


2) It comes as no surprise that I have been inspired by the olympic swimmers' hot bodies...I mean, athletic ability. I was a decent swimmer in high school and love being in the water. I went and bought a new cap and goggles to motivate me to become good friends with exercising again. It has been a LONG time since we've seen each other.


3) I don't have a picture for, but I have decided to start taking piano lessons again. I would love to become really good at the piano and also learn how to play the organ. Now I just need to find an awesome teacher!

The last picture I threw in for good measure. I haven't been feeling very well the past few weeks (really tired and unfortunately, my body has turned into a giant balloon), so I went in for some lab work. I also wanted to get my cholesterol checked (Last fall I was a super kind gf and had my cholesterol checked because the boy I was dating had sky high cholesterol and had tons of labs drawn, so I figured if I was making him get poked/see the doctor frequently/have a change in lifestyle, I would do it with him). I'm almost positive my cholesterol has hit a small speed bump since then, so I wanted to see where I was at now (you know, since I'm working on the olympic body). Well I started fasting last night at 10 p.m., thinking that I would be able to secure a morning appt. Boy, was I wrong. I got the last appointment left at 3:45 p.m. I wanted to cry from being so thirsty and a little hungry, too! 

You can imagine how I felt when I went to the Dodo with a good friend after FHE tonight:

heavenly.


And someone pointed out that my sandwich is in the shape of a heart. I would like to think that is not a coincidence. Isn't summer the best time to fall in love?

No comments:

Post a Comment