Thursday, February 17, 2011

thrifty thursday

My dad took me to the DI over the weekend and look what he found during our excursion. Tupperware!

I have been diligently searching for these classic Tupperware canisters for weeks. I'm sure you've seen them before. Most people think they are atrocious, but I love them. I really hope I find some more.


My parents have them in avocado green. This color was popular during its time. Can you believe my mom wrote on them with a Sharpie? I am horrified! Ha ha.


Remember how I cut out all those felt hearts for my gram? Well, this is what I made.

A felt heart garland.


Easy peasy, and super cute, I think. Too bad my gram spent Valentine's in the ICU needing a bunch of blood products. She is doing a little better now, so hopefully she will continue to be on the mend.


G baby was a great sewing helper. I am his favorite aunt (note the shirt - my aunt rocks). Good thing I didn't go without a handsome valentine this year : g baby was mine!


Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's!

1 comment:

  1. The garland turned out so cute! And of course your find is fabulous as is the baby :)

    ReplyDelete