Thursday, February 24, 2011

thrifty thursday

My love for Fisher Price toys was rekindled while shopping at Target this week. Oh my heavens, Fisher Price has started to reproduce some of their most classic toys, and they are glorious.

I promptly put every single reproduction toy in the cart and told my mom we just had to have them. We came home with the record player shown in the picture below. It's one I always wanted as a child and never got. My mom bought it for me now, and I told her it's a good thing she had a second chance to redeem herself!

But I will tell you that after coming across these toys, I was almost paralyzed for the rest of the shopping trip. I couldn't pay attention to simple commands because I was so engrossed in the retro reproduction wonder of Fisher Price.

So, of course, I immediately came home and started looking online for a bunch of actual vintage Fisher Price toys, and I found a whole trove of things I am drooling over.

I don't have a husband, or a house, so it only seems natural that I would want to buy something for a baby. I kid. But isn't this mobile amazing? The shipping charge was almost as much as the mobile itself, so I gave myself a day to think about it. One day later, I was armed and ready to make a purchase, and the item was sold. . . . .to someone else! Oh, the devastation. This mobile had been listed since November 22, 2010 & sold on the same day I fell in love with it. What are the odds?

found here


This hospital set is so cute.

found here


And this camping RV? I can't get over the umbrella table.

found here


Love this house boat. It makes me want to go take a spin on the lake.

found here


How fun is this airport. The baggage trolley kills me.

found here


And this school house, with the teeter totter & slide. Yes, please.

found here


I love swimming and I'm always drawn to water. Too bad this pool doesn't come with a cute lifeguard who can rescue me if I happened to "drown".

found here


The chatter telephone is one of the most iconic Fisher Price toys.

found here


This two tune TV plays row, row, row your boat & London bridge.

found here


This stove top I remember seeing in person as a child. When your turn the knobs, the stove burners change to orange.

found here


This iron reminds me of my gram - who is the queen, and I mean, Queen of Ironing!

found here


Lastly, is this little mixer. I definitely remember playing with one of these.

found here

You may be wondering why on earth I am talking about these on Thrifty Thursday, when I didn't in fact find any of them at the thrift store.

Well, let me just give you the most thrifty advice I know of:

Walk away.

I had to take a deep breath, but I didn't purchase a single thing. As much as every retro bone in my body was breaking for me to buy everything, I walked away.

But that doesn't mean each item isn't listed under my etsy favorites for future reference!

No comments:

Post a Comment