Sunday, November 21, 2010

sad & happy

On Saturday we found out my gram's test results, and it wasn't what we wanted. I was really hoping Saturday was opposite day. Gee whiz, wouldn't that have been nice.

Cancer is lame.

The doctors are pretty sure the lymphoma has spread to part of her stomach and lungs. Which likely means that she'll have to go through chemo and the whole shebang. It's so unfair. I just sobbed on Saturday. A lack of tear flow is not one of my shortcomings these days.

I told my mom that all I wanted for Christmas was for my gram to come back and live with us. It wouldn't make the diagnosis better, but it would sure be easier to go through this with her here. I miss that cute lady!

I talked to her on Saturday and she said to me, "they tell me I'm sick but I feel just fine! I'm sewing up a storm today". I was so happy to hear that. I really hope I get to see her soon.


So that was the sad part of my week, but there were some happy parts, too:

-sewing with friends

-working, babysitting, taking care of Margaret

-eating Taco Bell x 2. whoops!

-a "pig out" day with my mom. We ate Tony Burgers and treats & watched Kit Kettredge (it is adorable, one of my new favorites!)

-learning how to drive a manual transmission and laughing my pants off when I stalled in the middle of State Street for what seemed like an eternity

-eating dinner at Cowboy Grub with Margaret and MarRissa


-wandering around Provo and going to the MTC

-the Utes pulling off a win. thank heavens!

-snuggling with a sleeping g baby and watching Hallmark movies with my cousins

-reading a whole bunch

-going to the temple

-MarRissa's farewell. She's leaving on a mission to San Jose in a week and a half. I am so excited for her, but she will surely be missed!


No comments:

Post a Comment