Thursday, November 11, 2010

thrifty thursday + a challenge

This Thrifty Thursday post is two-fold.

1) To show off something retro, of course! Isn't this golden hearts Pyrex adorable? One of my dear friends brought it back for me from a thrift store in Montana. I love it!

The picture kind of throws off the size perception of this dish. It is huge and will be perfect for so many different things!


2) I also wanted to talk about something I'm participating in. It is a challenge to read the Book of Mormon in its entirety by New Year's. I know it seems daunting at 531 pages, but I promise you can do it. We started on Monday and will finish on December 31st by reading just 10 pages per day. I can't think of a better blessing in my life than going into the new year armed with the knowledge and truths that come from this book.


I finished the Book of Mormon this summer and am ashamed to say that I haven't been awesome at keeping up with daily scripture study since then. I have definitely noticed a difference in the days that I read and the days that I don't. When I found this challenge, I knew it was an answer to my prayers. I have already felt such a change over the past few days. Reading these verses will invite the spirit into your life and will allow you to receive a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel.

Participating in the challenge with a group of people (who I don't know) is a great experience. It's empowering to know that we are all reading the same verses on the same day and being blessed. I love the church. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I can testify that it has changed my life and can change your life, too.

So please, join us! It is never too late to start, and you can never read the Book of Mormon too many times!

To visit the group blog, click here.

And if anyone needs a Book of Mormon, let me know and I will get you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment