Sunday, January 16, 2011

frown

Only a few more days left here in Vermont :(

Gram had a harder day today. She was more tired and more cranky. I think she is sick of having all of us boss her around instructing her to take her meds, let us take her temperature, and to eat, eat, eat. Sometimes she is a really difficult patient. Can you blame the poor girl? After all, she has all sorts of foreign chemicals in her body and annoying cancer to boot.

Today she let me lay by her after one of her naps (I have been begging for this so it was a real treat!), she is super cooperative about getting her Lovenox shot (I've been giving it to her twice a day and she just whips up her shirt for me to inject), and we got some fabric cut out for her to fringe napkins because she said she is so bored when she is awake. I personally don't know how she can possibly be bored when she has me sitting next to her blabbing away! (The napkins must be for when I'm gone).

I've been writing messages on her fridge. Earlier it said, "you're a brave girl", but then when she woke up from her nap and told me she was going to be a basket case from being so tired, I changed it to this.



I saw her crack a smile. Cancer is just about as lame as it gets, but I have never seen anyone more determined than gram!

2 comments:

  1. I love getting your updates. You are a great grandaughter and friend! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jenny. Thanks for the pictures and words.

    ReplyDelete