Thursday, January 27, 2011

thrifty thursday

I may or may not have brought home some more treasures from Vermont in my carry-on besides the Playskool tyke bike.

This picture should give you a little clue. (My cousin Paul and I went bowling. See my name?)


That's right, Pyrex! What a shocker! But I don't have any Pyrex of this type yet so I was super excited.


I think these flasks are great. I am sure I probably used Pyrex flasks & beakers in my old chemistry classes and just didn't even know it. What a shame! My cousin teased me that we could just get some of these from the local high school instead of the thrift store, but I didn't really feel like being cited for reckless behavior. (jk!)


I am going to use these for cute vases. Something like this, but just with a much shorter flower.


3 comments:

  1. cute! I love it with that bright colored cloth beneath it and bright flower coming out of it. I can't wait to see your house and decorating when you get to that point :) We need to hang-out. Remember how we're only working like part-time? Means more free time and I definitely want to hang-out with you sometime. Sadly I don't even have your phone number :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about these flasks, what a find! You were meant to have them. Somehow I think the bowling name should stick :)

    ReplyDelete