Thursday, January 20, 2011

thrifty thursday

I'm back in town and will be sure to post more about my trip in the next little while.

But for today, it's thrifty Thursday again.

And heaven help me, I found the best thing!

My cousin was a total champ and took me to not only one Goodwill thrift store, but two! I have never had so much fun thrifting. He was making fun of my Pyrex obsession the whole time and I couldn't stop laughing for the life of me.

I took one walk down the toy aisle and my eyes landed on this beauty.


I was so excited I thought I might explode, but then in one fleeting moment I remembered that I was in Vermont, not Utah, and how in the heck would I get this home in my carry on? I ignored logic and scooped it up in my cart.

Did you see the price? ($2.99) I know! I couldn't just leave it there!


My uncle took it apart and I packed half the pieces in my small carry-on suitcase and the other half in a bag/purse. I lovingly babysat this Playskool tyke bike the whole way home. I knew it was sure to cause some puzzled looks going through security, and I was right. The security lady was hovering over my bag on the conveyor belt for longer than normal. I told her it was just a metal bike handle & she luckily got a second opinion and didn't make me unzip the bag. (I mean, honestly, when is the last time you saw a weapon with streamers? Really now!)


I tried to do a little research to see what year this model is from. I know it's not super old or retro, I'm thinking circa 1990s, but I couldn't find any sort of picture or info. All I know is that Hasbro stopped making this tyke bike a few years ago, so I am glad I got my hot little hands on one!

It does have one sad, melted wheel. But I know my future kids will love this guy one day!

1 comment:

  1. it was really fun watching you pack this for its journey home!

    ReplyDelete