Sunday, March 20, 2011

grammie the great

Yesterday we said goodbye to the best grammie in the whole world.

A brain aneurysm took her away much too soon, but we know that she is so happy to be reunited with her parents, husband & loved ones.

Grammie is the kindest and most gentle lady. She loved everyone and thought you were the best at everything even if you felt like a total failure. She had the sweetest countenance and we all love her so much.

I was able to help out with some of her cares when she was in the hospital. I wanted to make sure she got the best care possible, and if I didn't like the way something was done, I tried to fix it when I could.

I had one of the most special experiences performing a nursing duty right before she was taken away. I won't write about it here, but it was a moment I will never forget.



Grammie couldn't wait to see grandpa again. They passed away the same week, just two years apart. My dad told me that he likes to think that grammie missed the first train, but caught the next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment