Thursday, March 31, 2011

thrifty thursday + sewing fun

I scored some really great things at the Provo DI. I'll continue to post pictures of everything I purchased (like the pink Tupperware TV trays from last week) - it is so fun!

I bought the wreath and have a sweet makeover in store for it. I was especially proud because the DI had it marked $3, which I thought was a rip off. The original tag that came on the wreath said $1.29 (probably from 1995), but I asked if they could do any better on the price when I checked out. And guess what - they sold it for 75¢! Amazing!!

The little green suitcase was too cute to pass up. I almost left it there three times, but ultimately, I just couldn't walk away! I can't get enough of thrift stores.


I recently watched my favorite kids. And we had so much fun. Our time together turned into a sewing whirlwind, in which we made four bow ties, an apron, a skirt, and a birthday banner for their mom. The kids were completely enamored with my sewing machine. Oh, how they'll love 7th grade home economics!

The little girl and I had a fun time matching. We both have red patent clogs.


And when she saw the skirt I made to wear to my grammie's funeral, she begged for one. I couldn't pass up the chance to have a mini me, so we totally matched at church. The boys also wore their bow ties. This picture makes me look like a 42-year-old squinting mom posing for a Mother's Day picture, but I love it.


Can't wait for more mom moments! And more thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment