Monday, October 25, 2010

mom wrap up

I promise this will be the last mom post. I left my cute little kids last night and came back to my other home. We sure had fun and I'll miss seeing these guys everyday.

We went to the East-Highland football game (East got slammed by Highland, darn it).


Shaky Smithson was there cheering on his brother who plays for Highland. The kids just about peed their pants getting his autograph. They could hardly stand it; they were just squealing and kept wanting to go back for more.


We found a pizza box on the ground and tore it up for cardboard signatures. Ben also had Shaky sign his arm and shoe. How hilarious!


As I was leaving the stadium with the three little kids, William started walking super funny. I thought for sure he had an accident, but it turns out he just really needed to go to the bathroom! (excuse the potty talk - but this story is hilarious).

We all started racing to the car and then zoomed off. The whole time Will was in the back seat saying, "Juju, hurry. Drive faster. I can't hold it for five minutes here. I am going to explode". We were all dying of laughter. We got to a gas station and ran in. As luck would have it, the cashier told us the bathroom was closed for the night. Since when do public bathrooms have hours of operation? I pleaded with her to let us use it, but she said no - so we starting sprinting to the car again, and we were all laughing about it. Poor Will.

We got to McDonald's and Will leaped out of the car. After he came out an eternity later, I had to get a picture. A guy showed up to use the bathroom at the same time I was snapping his pic and said, "don't worry. My mom used to make me pose for these kind of pictures, too". (Gee, thanks for thinking I'm the actual mom. You make me feel so young. Not!).

I asked William if he felt some relief, and he replied, "a little, but I still have a turd in there"! I think I was just about maxed out on laughing for the night. This little guy is a total hoot.


Afterwards, we all had our moment of glory under the Mickey D's sign.




The older boys went out on Friday night, so the four of us headed to Nickelmania. It was actually way more fun than I anticipated.




The kids were pleased as punch with their slinky prizes and had races down the stairs for a solid half hour when we got home.


All the boys teased me & said I threw a football like a girl. So coach Ben taught me how to throw one for real. It had to spiral. The first 10 throws earned me the "wimpy" card, but I quickly improved and now I have skills. I can even throw a spiral with my eyes closed. Good thing I won't be an embarrassment on the football field now!


We made all sorts of popsicles (orange juice, apple juice, chocolate milk). See Shaky's signature still on Ben's arm? We had to go over that valuable with a Sharpie at least three times a day & cover it with saran wrap in the shower.


We watched the Sandlot. Always a classic. The kids have a terrible habit of using the "r" word. It's so awful, I can't even repeat it. But you know the one.

unitard - uni + re = a profanity

The boys in the Sandlot call each other block heads. I tried to convince everyone that they should bring it back in style. What a better alternative! They weren't quite as enthusiastic about my suggestion.


I snuck one last Halloween surprise in their lunches, tucked them into bed with a treat under their pillow, and felt sad it was over.


Can't wait until I'm the mom again - real or pretend!

No comments:

Post a Comment