Thursday, October 14, 2010

thrifty thursday

I can't get enough of hexagons.

And they're everywhere. It's funny because once I develop a love for something, boom!, that's all I see.

Hexagons - the side pattern to most shopping carts, the shape repeated underneath my car door speakers, on chicken wire, nuts & bolt heads, honeycomb, on fabric, and tile. Oh tile. Take me to a place with any kind of hexagon tile (restaurant, retro bathroom, charming old school/church/house), and I'm done for.

I will always swoon over hexagons.

I went to the thrift store and found this beauty the other day. It has retro tile written all over it.


I simply love it.

One trip through the dishwater later, and it became the perfect home for some yo yos.

And because I'm a nerd, I looked up hexagons on the Internet. Did you know that a hexagon is 720°? Each angle is 120°. Way better than a circle, in my opinion.

Just another reason to love hexagons!


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the fun project you'll make from these happy yo-yo's and I do love the new jar :)

    ReplyDelete