Thursday, October 21, 2010

thrifty thursday

I know that I've mentioned this about a billion times, but I am a sucker for glass milk bottles. I just can't help it.

I love the shape, the printing & font, and, oh yeah...the fact that they are glass! How fun would it be to have your milk come in such cool bottles? (Okay, maybe if you're a little clumsy like me it would be a recipe for disaster, but just dream the dream for a minute).

One of my good friends was on the lookout for me and had her eyes peeled for milk bottles when she went to a consignment shop up in Ogden. She texted me tons of pictures of Pyrex and retro things (out of this world nice of her to do so!).

Then I got a picture of this.


And that was all I needed. Sold! Sold times a hundred! I have never seen a glass milk bottle so huge. I am in LOVE! And did I mention the fact that it was $5? A downright steal.

Last week I went thrifting in Logan. I was hoping to come across a trove of glass milk bottles in such a dairy-rich town, but it didn't happen. I did find this little cute guy, though! And he was only 50¢!

I sort of bought this with the intent to give it away. I don't have any ties to Logan, so I'm thinking about who it should go to. Any ideas?? I'd love to spread the glass milk bottle love.


This duo is a complete delight.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow these are both beauties! They are great. How are you going to display all of your bottles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your big milk bottle is so clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm.. let's see... I have ties to logan! :)

    ReplyDelete