Saturday, October 16, 2010

new skirt

I have had my eye on paper bag skirts this week. They're all I could think about, and I couldn't wait to make one for myself.

Today was the day!

I originally saw the pattern here. Hers is WAY cuter than the one I made, but I thought I should just keep it simple so I could finish it today and not get frustrated since I am really just a sewing rookie.

I used the general idea from here, and sort of made it up as I went along. Next time I'll probably tweak the measurements and use a heavier material, but I still really like it.

I started out with these supplies,


then plopped myself at the dining room table & got to sewing with the Utah game on in the background. (see the hexagons on my sewing machine? love!)


Here's the finished project!


It looks a little naked without a tie, so I need to still add one. But I think it's pretty cute for a first go-around.

I am wearing it to the Temple tonight and to church tomorrow. This one's a keeper!


(Sorry for the dreadful picture quality, I was at home alone and couldn't wait to post any longer).

2 comments:

  1. That is SO cute Julia!!! I'm sending you some pics from our adventure soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I think you were sitting down when I saw you, so I missed the full effect . . . I'll be certain to get the full view next time around.

    ReplyDelete