Saturday, October 2, 2010

anticipating conference

I seriously love Conference weekend.

I love listening to inspired messages. I always come away from it feeling uplifted, with renewed faith, and as though certain talks were prepared just for me - things I really needed to hear.

There's nothing quite like going down to the Conference center and being surrounded by so many people of my same faith. It's really powerful and the spirit is so strong.

Even just watching Conference on TV gets my heart going with excitement. The first weekends in April and October are simply wonderful times of the year.

I am so grateful for my membership in the church and for a loving Heavenly Father who knows me in and out. My testimony is strengthened every day. It's evident in so many ways - the help and guidance I receive during tough times, how things fall into place when I'm making good choices, the power of prayer.

And it's in smaller things, too. I went to Provo to listen to Nie Nie speak on recapturing beauty. (Oh my goodness, she is amazing. Her talk was incredible). My friend and I hadn't eaten all day and I felt like my body was screaming at me for being in starvation mode. But you know what, as soon as Nie Nie started to speak, I was completely full. Not one growl or rumble was heard or felt the entire time. I have to believe this was a gift from Heavenly Father because I was able to enjoy the talk, feel the spirit, and listen to a woman with so much faith.

There are many moments when I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father is directing my life. And how grateful I am for that.


I bought this milk bottle because it is from the Deseret Dairy, which is run by the LDS church. It was more than I normally pay for retro-ness, so I slept on it for a day. When I woke up, I knew I had to have it and would gladly display it in my house.

I am so proud to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

3 comments:

  1. the bottle is amazing! love the white styrofoam balls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd appreciate the styrofoam, Candace. I had so much fun jar shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete