Monday, October 4, 2010

nothing but fun

These past few days have been some of the most fun I've had from the second half of this year. I don't even remember everything I did, but here are some highlights:

-listening to nie nie speak at byu.

-tons of missionary shopping (marrissa, in the pics, is leaving for a mission to san jose soon).

-finding the most amazing halloween costumes at wal-mart. i have never laughed so hard before, but they are something else. (plus the man who was trying to take our pictures couldn't quite figure it out and took a video of us smiling and blinking for about ten minutes).

-making banana bread two nights in a row.

-byu lost to utah state. (sorry, i had to say it. such an accomplishment shouldn't go without recognition).

-selling a jacket on ebay. and i got way more than i thought i would. (sweet surprise!)

-i went running for the first time in about a year and my body hurt from head to toe the day after.

-a great thrift store find with candace. (more to come on that).

-shoes from anthropologie. and they were on sale!

-and lastly, conference!


MarRissa and I were determined to get a ticket to the Sunday morning session. We made our way downtown early but the standby line was forever long. Luckily MarRissa knew the ward who was singing in the street choir. You know, the people who line north temple and sing hymns in an effort to counteract the loud protestors? Well, that was us. They totally let us join in and if you sing for an hour with them, you get an automatic ticket to conference. Perfect!

If anyone knows me and has heard me sing, you know that I was born as tone deaf as they come. I seriously cannot carry a tune. But I got way into the singing on the street. It was so much fun, I didn't even care what anyone thought. And yes, we were the only two Caucasian girls mixed in with about 30 Polynesians (who all had incredible voices). It was a blast, and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I'm glad the past few days have been completely overflowing with fun!


2 comments:

  1. this is gigi typing on your blog! why didn't you give me any of your banana bread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so my mom had a great idea--she said I could use the big jars for pasta or nuts or something like that! I can't wait to have all my healthy snacks in pretty jars :)

    ReplyDelete