Thursday, March 3, 2011

thrifty thursday

I am feeling like a little sickie today. Bad cold, sore throat, throbbing headache, achy body. Things have been a little stressful around here lately, and I am feeling worried about family members and sorry for myself again (just losing hope). Am I lame or what.

My gram got wonderful news this week. The cancer is gone from her stomach and lung, but the mass is still isolated in her groin, yet it is smaller. This means she just has to have radiation. No more chemo! (see you later chemo, we will NOT miss you!). I am so excited and hope the cancer will hurry up and leave altogether so she can come back out here.

My other grammie had a brain aneurysm on Sunday night and will be in the hospital for 2-3 weeks. It has been sad to deal with this in the wake of happy news with my other gram. All I can do is pray for everyone and have faith that things will work out the way they are meant to.

I stopped at the DI on the way home from visiting my grammie, and I found a few good things. I have ventured into the clothing section lately at the DI and have found some real gems.

This skirt is from Ann Taylor and had the original tag on it. I only paid $6.00 for it. Not bad for something that has never been worn.


While I was trying on the skirt, I had a feeling I should go look at the dresses. Sometimes I bypass them because I get tired of sifting through shoulder pads & really unfortunate prints, but I got so lucky with this little number! Too bad it is sleeveless, but I can just wear something underneath.


Or on top, like the cute jacket it came with! I think this dress is so fun, and just in time for spring. It was only $8.00 for both pieces.


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you decked out in your new blue outfits. They'll look so great with your eyes. Super deals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. would it be possible for you to not go into a di for one week?

    ReplyDelete