Monday, December 20, 2010

broadbent's

My gram told me all about a store that was retro and full of fun things. She was sure I would love it, and she was right! We went to this great place a few times while she was here this past year. If you make your way down to Lehi, you will find a gem of a place called Broadbent's. It's a mercantile store and it is as charming as they come.


Now really, just take a look at the facade. The colors, the writing, the windows. My oh my, I love it all! Inside is full of great gifts, candy, retro toys, and a quilt shop. You must go and enjoy this part of yesteryear. I am telling you, it is a real treat.

Today I stopped by to pick up a present and I actually had a really hard time there. I know I sound like a broken record talking about my gram so much, but I will never stop worrying about her, crying because she isn't here, wishing that cancer doesn't exist, praying for a speedy recovery & skilled caregivers, and hoping with all my heart that she is in Utah before I know it.

I just about lost it in every part of the store, feeling sad that my gram wasn't right by my side to enjoy all the fun things with me. I was pretty proud of myself because I didn't let the tears roll until I got in the car. Then I'll Be Home for Christmas came on the radio. Gee, thanks. Go ahead and throw a heaping bucket of salt on the wound.

But I was able to pick up one of our favorite Broadbent's treats - candy canes! And they are amazing. I'll be taking these with me to Vermont in January.


Can't wait to eat them with you, gram!

1 comment: