Thursday, December 30, 2010

thrifty thursday

Thrifty Thursday is back!

Sorry for the lack of posts this past week - it has been a busy one.

For today though, boy do I have a good, cheap idea for you.

My sister, g baby and I ventured to Ikea this week. After having too much fun browsing the store, we were starving and decided to eat at the cafe there. My sister said it was pretty good and since I had never eaten there, of course I wanted to try it.

First, you get to roll this awesome tray cart around and weave your way through the line. (sorry for the blurriness, I was really excited about this whole thing!)


Next, you choose your food. We went with the kid size portions. Who wouldn't want to eat out of plastic bowls - come on! That was one of the best parts! Looking at this picture makes me laugh. I apparently chose foods in the yellow color range in honor of my gram. (mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, garlic bread, and Mott's for Tots - which by the way is yucky. The best way of describing it is one cup of water + one tablespoon of apple juice = a diluted disappointment!)


Now here's why it's thrifty. A kid's meal only costs $2.49, but from now until January 9, kids eat free! When Jenny & I went up to pay for the food it cost us a grand total of 85¢! (we only had to pay for the garlic bread). We told the cashier that we were eating the meals and would be happy to pay for them, but it wouldn't ring up any other way since the deal is going on.


Isn't that the greatest? Head off to Ikea! Choose colored dishes, pretend like you're 12 and eat for free, and maybe buy a cinnamon roll on the way out!

3 comments:

  1. very very cute and very thrifty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ikea food. I kinda just want to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious! and I do think it's the best deal in town.

    ReplyDelete