Sunday, December 12, 2010

merry christmas, gram

I finished my gram's Christmas presents and sent them off this weekend. Since starting chemo, she has been really tired and is spending more & more time in her room taking naps and resting. I wanted to make things that would bring cheer to her room and brighten it up.

I had so much fun cross stitching this pillow. So fun, in fact, I need to find another pattern quick because now I don't want to stop. I took this baby with me everywhere for a week and worked on it as I was out and about. I even brought it along to my mom's colonoscopy appointment (that was an adventure that deserves a post of its own!). I sat there in the waiting room with my embroidery hoop and cross stitched away. I've never had such a good time waiting for someone!


Pennant banners have been pretty popular and I wanted to give one a try. This picture is really quite dark and the patterns are much more vibrant in person. I made this to hang on my gram's wall so she can remember how much I love her. (We have a long standing joke that she loves me the most out of all the grandkids. I always sign my cards as love, the forever favorite).



My sister suggested to use a solid backing so the patterns wouldn't look all wonky when the sunlight shines through. (Brilliant!) I used this white polka dot backing on all the pennants and I love the subtle print.


Merry Christmas, gram! Next year we will celebrate Christmas together - I just know it!

2 comments:

  1. Julia, those are soooo cool. You're gram will love them, and you need to teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so talented! i am glad that i could help you finish your project while i was having a colonoscopy! i love you! grandma will love your gifts. they will cheer her up!

    ReplyDelete