Wednesday, December 22, 2010

christmas wishes

When my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year, I told her there were three things, none of which she would be able to get me on her own. I always think of the song My Grown-up Christmas List by Amy Grant when December rolls around. This list was important to me, and I would have been happy with just one thing (which is what I got!).

So at the risk of looking like a total loser, I'll let you in on the list:

a) Having my gram back in SLC
b) Taking out my own endowment in the Temple
c) A boyfriend

a) was unrealistic, c) makes me look like a LAME face, and b) happened.

Going through the temple is something I have been thinking about for a while and have carefully been preparing for over the last few months. Without sharing too many personal details about the journey and experience, I was able to go to the Temple tonight and it was wonderful. I chose December 22nd because it would have been my great-grandma's 110th birthday & because my gram had her first big round of chemo (an 8 hour infusion) today, so I thought it would be nice to be in the Temple. It felt so right to me and the timing was perfect. I loved it and can't wait to go again.

I was really lucky to have such a fantastic support crew, all of whom I love dearly. Thanks for coming, everyone!




1 comment:

  1. Grown up Christmas List is my favorite Christmas song. Me and my mom always listen to it. It's soo good!

    ReplyDelete