Wednesday, December 15, 2010

what a bummer


Well you can see that my presents made it out to gram. They just didn't go to the place I wanted them to.

Fletcher Allen hospital has a new patient. That dang chemo is not on my friends list right now. Gram has a fever, a weakened immune system, and has needed IV antibiotics & now a blood transfusion.

I knew hospital stays would probably become part of this temporary cancer routine, but I was just always hoping I would be wrong.

I feel really blessed because I haven't had many hard trials in my life so far, but I have to say that this is definitely one of them. I just miss my gram so much. I have never felt so completely helpless. Today I sat at the computer with my elbows on the table and cried into my hands. Something about the fact that she's sick in Vermont and I'm not there gets me every time.

Please keep the prayers coming. We all need her to get better!

1 comment:

  1. if you have to be in the hospital, you might as well be in the cutest hospital room around! your gram is feeling your love--I know it!!

    ReplyDelete