Tuesday, April 12, 2011

monday, fun day

You know how most people dread Mondays? Well, I had a really great one yesterday. The sun was shining, and I got to do some fun things.

01. Temple session with a lovely friend.

02. Lunch at the Lion House Pantry. I love that place. Of course the rolls have me at hello every time. But, I also have a new obsession with drinking soda out of glass bottles. This sparkling raspberry lime soda is divine. Plus, the Lion House sticker makes me feel like I'm buying it at 19th century candy store. (like Little House on the Prairie).


03. Taking a much needed, but short nap. You know you've worked too much when you wake up from said nap thanking your lucky stars that you got up just in time to hang TPN and lipids (IV nutrition). We hang new TPN/lipids on our patients at 1800 (6 pm). I seriously woke up and was ready to get going on priming IV tubing and getting meds ready. Guess that's what 4 shifts in a row will do to you!

04. Cutting all my hair off. Okay, not all of it, but close. I told the lady, "just to my shoulders, long enough for a pony tail without two million bobby pins". She said, "Great, I'll do it just below your shoulders so that you aren't upset if it's too short". I tried really hard not to cry like a 2- year- old when my hair was most definitely above my shoulders. (This picture doesn't really show just how short it is. And don't mind my awful face. I was having an extreme allergic reaction at the time this was taken).


05. Remember how I missed out on the free Pyrex pot holder? I really love the www. In a roundabout way, I got my hands on one of these through eBay. So fun! I had to fork over some pennies, but it was totally worth it! You may come visit this awesome pot holder in my future kitchen. It will be the star.

06. Did you see this Iceberg shake deal?. 4 shakes, any size, any flavor for $10! Are you kidding me!! That is such a steal! The shakes are huge. Last week I went to Iceberg for my favorite butterfinger shake. I couldn't kick the craving all day, and half of why I wanted one is so that I could eat part of it for breakfast the next morning. Hurry and buy this deal - it expires at the end of the day!

Here's to a great Tuesday for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment