Monday, September 13, 2010

retro, retro

I had some time on my hands this afternoon and nothing to do. After paying off a parking ticket (lame! but thanks nice man who reduced the fine!), I headed on over to a local consignment shop.

It's a good thing I don't have a house right now because I'm pretty sure I could have filled it up with items from this store alone.

I think this table is the cutest. I'm pretty much a goner when it comes to anything red, so I was quite fond of this.


And these lockers, too. Again, the red! Love it. Wouldn't they look awesome in a mud room?


Bentwood cafe chairs are always a classic. I'll take one of these in every color, please.


One tiny purchase made its way home with me.


This darling fish scale Pyrex. It's art deco inspired and lovely.


4 comments:

  1. i love your pyrex even if we are about to be nominated to be on the hoarders show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up with bentwood cafe chairs, and I didn't know they were cool. Funny how we take things for granted until someone points out how wonderful something is. Thanks for all your insight into all things wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could tell from your first pick what store you were in because I used to work there! Best and most expensive year of my life! I think my boss was actually just paying me to buy things because all of my money basically went right back into the store. Danny still teases me to this day about it and I tell him to shut it because we get compliments on our stuff all the time when people visit. EmilieJayne is heaven on earth and so is your lovely pyrex dish you picked up! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crisite, you grew up with so many wonderful things! A napkin lady, bentwood cafe chairs - what a fun childhood!

    Ashlee, I would be in big time trouble if I worked at emiliejayne. It is the absolute cutest! I'm glad you love Pyrex, too!

    ReplyDelete