Thursday, September 23, 2010

thrifty thursday

I was in a thrifting mood last night and went to three DIs. When my Pyrex quest turned up zip, I had to go to plan b.

Plan b, meaning school furniture. I don't know how my obsession began, but I can't get enough of retro school desks & chairs.

Just when I thought I had to bow out of the DI empty handed, I spotted this from the corner of my eye. $3 dollars later, and we were both out the door.

Some may call it puke green, I call it perfect.


It's the Virco brand. Don't you remember seeing this on the back of your chair in elementary school - or am I the only one crazy enough to remember such a thing?


It totally matches my Pyrex, so naturally that was a good reason to buy it.


My sister was over as I was snapping pictures, and she teased me about how many desks & chairs I have. I know I can almost open up my own personal classroom, just call me Miss Julia.

But really, if you had students as cute as this one, you would do the same.


And a note to my future hubby: I want Virco school chairs in red, squash & blueberry, to be exact. It would be really cute if you surprised me with them one day.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely think you should have your own school room! Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just where did you hide this one!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-ha! To fun! I need to tell you what I've been looking for so when you go you can be looking out for my items. Three DI's in one day?

    ReplyDelete