Sunday, August 1, 2010

23 is pretty great

I recently had a birthday. I really love birthdays. Not because of the presents but because I sort of have a thing for getting older. I love it! I think I'll enjoy adding a digit to each year of my life probably forever. Even when I'm 62, I'll think, "woo hoo, I'm sixty-two". You can't do anything about aging, so you might as well celebrate.

This year was no exception. After a fun lunch at Zupas and going to see Ramona & Beezus, we had my favorite enchilada dinner at home.

And these were the goods:


Anyone who knows me knows that I go weak in the knees when it comes to retro/vintage items. My cute gram gave me the retro-inspired salt & pepper shakers. We had seen these at one of our favorite stores, Broadbents, in Lehi. She remembered how much I loved them and had them sent my way.

The bowl and plate are both Pyrex. My absolute favorite! A girl can never have enough Pyrex (thanks Beth and Tara!).

That glass container is a fabulous glass milk bottle. I have been wanting one for some time now, but haven't had any luck acquiring one during my thrifting.

And finally, my parents gave me the Little Golden books. Do you remember these from your childhood? I sure do, and I love them. I recently dug through our bins of old books and set aside some of these for my future house. You can also find them at the DI if you carefully sift through the books. Usually they are around 50¢. What a steal!

Thanks to everyone who made my birthday lots of fun!

2 comments: