Thursday, August 19, 2010

thrifty thursday

I am going to start a new tradition here on the blog.

I will dedicate a post each week to all things retro.

Thursdays shall now be known as:

thrifty thursday!

Be sure to come back each week to see the latest and greatest in thrifting.

To start us off -

I found the most amazing desk today. I have encountered these in the past and the condition was always so deplorable that I knew it was too far gone to be saved and so I passed.

But not today.

I found this for $20 and I knew it had to be mine. I fell in love the minute I saw it. Eventually it will be painted a fun red or turquoise (don't mind the current dust).



I love thinking about the history this desk has been through. Who sat in it? (Probably obedient kids because there wasn't a trace of gum on the bottom or obscenities etched on the desk top). What school did it belong to? How many "ah ha" moments were had in its little seat? Did anyone else ever notice the greatness and beauty behind its lines and shape?

I can't wait to have this in my future house. Oh my goodness, I just can't wait!


And I can't go without mentioning that this retro lovely made it to my car in the middle of the monsoon today. By the time I made it out to the parking lot and drove off, the desk, my car interior, and my clothes from the inside out were entirely drenched.

But was it worth it?

Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment