Saturday, August 14, 2010

the best show of the summer

I always get caught up in watching the medical mini-series that are featured in the summer.

Two years ago it was Hopkins.

This summer it was Boston Med.

Oh my word, I loved it. The series is phenomenal. From the patients to the caregivers who gave them a second chance - every part of it was fascinating. It was so easy to feel a connection to the people who were featured, and some of the stories really tugged at your heart strings.

I bawled in every episode.

The series finale featured a partial face transplant in which a man suffered electrical burns and had the lower half of his face basically vaporized away. He received a new face from a man who passed away after undergoing a heart transplant. What an amazing gift this donor family gave the recipient.

I think that everyone should watch this episode. And everyone should be an organ donor.

Click here to watch Boston Med on hulu. You won't regret it.

Boston has always been one of my favorite cities. And if I ever leave PCMC and move away from Utah, I'd jump at the chance to work at one of the hospitals there.

1 comment:

  1. For the record, I am an offical organ donor. I'll have to check this out, had no idea you were such a fan :)

    ReplyDelete