Monday, August 30, 2010

vermont, part two - pyrex edition

When I was in Vermont, I went to Pyrex heaven.

Twice.

My aunt has a good friend who collects Pyrex and other retro glassware/kitchen items. I had been hearing about the collection for some time and my aunt arranged for us to stop over.

Oh my goodness, I fell in love.

Her collection is incredible and she was nice enough to let me snap pictures of it, so I'll take you on a tour.

This cabinet has some Pyrex, amazing vintage colored glasses, and tons of kitchen knick knacks, like the Aunt Jemima syrup dispenser on the top shelf.

More Pyrex and vintage glasses.

Pyrex primary colored bowls and retro jars.

I loved this cabinet! I think the retro salt & pepper & flour shakers are so fun. I also have never seen striped Pyrex bowls like the pink and blue on the middle shelf.

Look how cheery all the pink is. Every piece is in pristine condition.

And finally, old Pyrex magazine ads. How great! I'm on the hunt for these now.

I had the best time looking at all the Pyrex. The owner remarked that most people think she's crazy for having such a collection, so she enjoyed showing it to someone who has a love for it too. Boy howdy, how couldn't you love it! It took all I had in me to not ask to be a part of this Pyrex inheritance.

I asked where she collected most of it from. Lots came from eBay and antique stores around Vermont. One of which happened to be two minutes from my cousin's house. The owner keeps odd hours but I got her telephone number and she opened the store just for us.

Again I say, Pyrex heaven.

It was one of the happiest stores I've been in. So much to choose from and such good prices. This garage was full to the brim with lots of Pyrex and other retro things. If I could have transported the entire structure to SLC, I would have.

The above picture is totally cheesy. My uncle took it and said, "say Pyrex". But it gives you a good look at everything in this part of the store.

I made some purchases and wrapped them carefully in bubble wrap & tissue paper. This Pyrex cargo became my carry-on and made it all the way home from Vermont safe and sound. I'll post pictures of it later on.

4 comments:

  1. i enjoyed reading all of your posts! this is a great blog and you are a great freak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia! I'm SO happy to find someone that loves pyrex and retro things as much as I do! My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I don't care because I love it! I have that super cute pink striped bowl in the pic above and a set of pastel colored mixing bowls. They are my pride and joy! I would totally grab them if there was a fire!!! You know what I mean right? :) Isn't pyrex yummy? Mmmm...Everytime I look at it, it makes me smile! Well, I really enjoy your blog! It is SO cool! I love seeing your new finds! Can't wait to see what you get next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ashlee! That is so cool you have striped Pyrex bowls - they are hard to find! I can't get enough of retro things either. We should go thrifting together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this post. I know it is a really old one but I am going to Vermont soon and wonder where you found so many pieces of Pyrex. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete