Tuesday, August 31, 2010

i love john mayer

Beth took me to Owl City & John Mayer for my birthday. It was the best present ever. I have been counting down the days with huge anticipation.

The concert was SO good. I hadn't heard many of Owl City's songs, but they were very fun to listen to and I will have to download more of their music.

We even had seats. It was a nice change from the lawn! Thanks for the great tickets, Beth!

We bought local and devoured this yummy kettle corn.

And the best part of the night - my favorite - John Mayer.

Oh my heavens, I love him.

This was the third or fourth time I've seen him in concert and I have yet to be disappointed. He is the best. Amazing voice. Amazing guitarist. Amazing everything.

And the fact that he's total eye candy (not so much while singing) doesn't hurt either.

He's a great entertainer, easily connects with the audience, and has some funny (sometimes yucky) jokes.

I love him. Beth and I kept saying, "how can someone be born with such a good voice?" And really I don't know how, but John Mayer is one lucky man to have such musical talents.

Of course the amusement of the night was heightened by people watching. What would a concert be without hilarious and awkward dance moves, people who were a tad tipsy, enthusiasts using binoculars, and everything in between.


Beth and I had great conversations and lots of fun, as usual. Thanks a million, Beth!

And John Mayer, please come back soon.

1 comment: