Sunday, August 8, 2010

911, what's your emergency?

Oh, just that I'm an idiot.

Somehow I called 911 in my sleep this morning.

I was in dreamland recovering from a night shift and when my alarm went off, the screen on my phone said "emergency response activated".

I didn't think much of it except that my phone was probably spazzing out. But then I got a voicemail saying to please call if it wasn't an emergency and let them know I was okay.

I'm sure the lady on the other end thought I was nuts and have a brain the size of pea when I called her all groggy and confused.

Either things aligned perfectly and my fingers pushed the 9 and the 1 in just the right sequence, or I really have lost it.

Maybe I was having a nightmare and needed help.

*Post edit: I just discovered that I activated the emergency response feature on my phone. Stupid smart phones! Thank heavens I'm not totally crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment