Friday, August 6, 2010

happy feet


Here are my feet this morning after coming home from a night shift.

And let me tell you, they were happy.

I'm orienting as a nurse now and some days I leave the hospital feeling totally inadequate. I felt so proficient working as a tech. I knew the job, and I knew how to do it well.

Now I have a whole set of new tasks to complete, more responsibilities, and a different role to adjust to.

Wouldn't it be great if you could go from novice to expert with a snap of the fingers?

My shift last night was just what I needed though. I worked with an awesome nurse and we had great patients. We were really busy and I had the chance to work on so many different skills. I loved it.

And even though I know the learning curve will be steep for the next five years, bring on the lifelong learning.

I love being a nurse.


(And my fun socks helped too. Thanks to my mom whose white socks never see the light of day & makes sure my sister and I always have a good supply of bright patterns . Love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment