Sunday, August 1, 2010

new ward



You may be wondering what this image stands for. Well, I'll tell you:

single saint, 33rd ward.

The rumors are true.

I joined the singles ward.

I know, I almost couldn't believe it myself.

I am giving it a solid two-month trial before going back to the home ward, and like they say at my very former alma mater, I am "fully invested".

I am even hoping for a calling (just not a teacher, please!).

Today was my first day. So far, so good. It will definitely take some time getting acclimated to the singles ward environment, but luckily I have a group of cute girls to go with and we're all in the same boat together.

May I just say one thing though?

I really don't know when 12 inches above the knee became the new standard for skirts and dresses. I could not believe the hemline sported by so many girls today at church. It's not like I am a self-proclaimed modest monitor, but really - save the short clothes for a day other than the Sabbath if you feel inclined to wear them!

1 comment: